2015 Blogstitute Wrap-Up

July 29th, 2015

Another summer — woosh! Gone! We hope you were able to read our 2015 Blogstitute series and that you will start the school year energized and full of ideas! Here is your chance to catch up on what you missed:

The Messy Process of Talk and Revision by Jeff Anderson and Deborah Dean
How to Write a Reading-Based Argument Prompt by Jennifer Fletcher
Nurturing Responsible Learners by Mary Anne Buckley
Running Down the Details by Kate Messner
Digital Distraction or Engagement? by Jen Roberts and Diana Neebe
Moving Beyond the 4×4 Classroom by Kelly Gallagher
What Yoda Can Teach You About Engagement and Motivation by Kim Yaris and Jan Burkins
Classroom Talk — A Vehicle for Student Learning and Engagement by Liz Hale
Words Still Matter by Janet Allen
Reflections on Another School Year by Mark Overmeyer
Vocabulary Practice in Grades 5-8 by Brenda Overturf

Entry Filed under: Blogstitute

• 1. Michelle  |  July 29th, 2015 at 12:51 pm

Thank you for the summer Blogstitute and for collecting all the inspiring posts into one post! Helpful to go back and reread!

• 2. Tracy Mailloux  |  July 29th, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Thanks for another summer of thought provoking and relevant posts. I looked forward to each week’s new ideas and thoughts.

• 3. Teresa  |  July 29th, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Thanks for all the great posts by some of the best. I gained many new ideas and reminders of what I should be doing in my classroom. This was definitely worth my time.

• 4. Cheryl  |  July 30th, 2015 at 8:48 am

This has been great for me. I am returning to the classroom this fall after a LONG break to stay home with my kids. I am excited and nervous, and I cannot tell you how valuable this has been for me. Each post dusted off different parts of my teaching mind and have been extremely helpful in getting that part of myself moving again. It’s been awesome!!! Thanks again to each author for sharing your own experiences! I can’t wait to incorporate so many of the things I have learned this summer!

• 5. Sarah  |  July 30th, 2015 at 10:03 am

Some great posts by authors I have loved and a great introduction to some authors I will love! Thank you!

• 6. Julie Clay  |  July 30th, 2015 at 1:44 pm

The posts were insightful, motivational, and just what I needed to recharge for the new school year! I was glad to see some of my favorite authors as contributors. Thanks!

• 7. Kelly Mogk  |  July 31st, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Thank you for another amazing blogstitute filled with excellent advice from educator-authors — AND some new books to add to my to-read list. Enjoyed it all, as usual. 🙂