We kicked off our week of writing tips with the Two Writing Teachers this morning. The first tip is about creating a list of classroom expectations. Inviting students to set their own rules for the classroom and for writing workshop can be a very powerful experience for both students and teachers.
Find out how the Two Writing Teachers walk through the process with their students by downloading and printing today’s tip from their Facebook page or by going directly here.
July 11th, 2011
Wouldn’t it be nice to spend a whole week with the Two Writing Teachers and tap their vast bank of ideas about writing instruction? Well, next week you’ll be able to do just that. Starting July 11, they will bring you five downloadable, printable writing tips for a full week!
The Two Writing Teachers — Stacey Shubitz and Ruth Ayres — are the authors of Day by Day: Refining Writing Workshop Through 180 Days of Reflective Practice and the tips will range from setting expectations in the classroom to record-keeping. Here is the full schedule:
Monday, July 11: Creating a List of Classroom Expectations
Tuesday, July 12: Collecting Bits of Life
Wednesday, July 13: Classroom Writing Center
Thursday, July 14: Organizing Teacher-Written Mentor Texts
Friday, July 15: Record-Keeping Systems That Make Sense for You
What do you have to do to get these tips?
1. If you don’t have a Facebook account yet, sign up at www.facebook.com
1. Find the Two Writing Teachers page on Facebook
2. Click “LIKE” on top of their Facebook profile page
3. Check back on their Facebook page each day to find a link to a new tip
4. Download and print the PDF document — it’s yours to use and share!
5. Order Day by Day anytime between now and July 31, and get FREE SHIPPING! Just use code “FACE” during checkout.
July 5th, 2011