A Note from Ruth Culham
As writing instruction continues to evolve, I’m committed to ensuring educators like you are prepared to meet their writing goals. That’s why I want to personally invite you to attend my upcoming hands-on PD workshop on October 21st in Atlanta.
Read the Writing, Teach the Writer: Smart Ideas to Transform Writing Instruction for You and Your Students is your chance to learn first-hand my latest thinking on strategies for effective writing instruction. These will empower you to teach writing in a way that really reflects how today’s students are thinking and learning. Register today!
This full-day workshop shows teachers how to:
- Use assessments to help students set goals based on specific traits of writing;
- Give constructive feedback to children on specific writing goals that can strengthen their writing, revising, and editing;
- Connect reading quality children’s books to writing instruction and assessment;
- Show students how different modes (narrative, informational, opinion) intersect and blend to form interesting student writing—that you’ll want to read; and
- Teach writing in engaging, student-centered ways.
The registration fee is $269 per person, and includes continental breakfast, boxed lunch, and a certificate of attendence with contact hours. Group rates are available for as low as $229 per person. Space is limited and will be filled on a first-come first-served basis. For details and registration info follow this link:
I hope you’ll be able to join me for this can’t-miss event.
Add comment September 21st, 2016