June 6th, 2012
We are very excited to bring you another Summer Blogstitute this year, starting June 25. Like last year’s event, this year’s posts are designed to bring you some brief but thoughtful blog posts about teaching from some of our expert authors. Last year we focused on writing, but this year we are expanding our topics to cover math, reading, conferring, classroom talk, and writing. Here is this year’s lineup:
- Cris Tovani (So What Do They Really Know?)
- Kristi Latimer and Kimberly Hill Campbell (Beyond the Five-Paragraph Essay)
- Chris Confer and Marco Ramirez (Small Steps, Big Changes)
- Peter Johnston (Opening Minds, Choice Words)
- Mark Overmeyer (How Can I Support You?, What Student Writing Teaches Us)
- Charles Fuhrken (What Every Middle School Teacher Needs to Know About Reading Tests)
- Debbie Diller (Math Work Stations, Spaces & Places, Literacy Work Stations)
- Jeff Anderson (10 Things Every Writer Needs to Know)
The entries will include three video sneak peeks into brand new videos in production by Chris Confer and Marco Ramirez, Cris Tovani, and Debbie Diller.
During the event we are also offering a 20% discount and free shipping on any books or videos by the Blogstitute authors. Just use the discount code BLOG when placing your order online starting June 25 until August 30. Three lucky commenters during the blogstitute will receive a package of five books of their choice.
We hope you will join us for a few weeks this summer to hear from great authors and to exchange ideas with fellow teachers. See you soon!
Entry Filed under: Blogstitute