Celebrating with Mary

August 14th, 2012

We at Stenhouse love a good party, especially when it involves one of our authors and cake. Mary Shorey, coauthor (with Penny Silvers) of the new book Many Texts, Many Voices, was recently surprised by her friends and family with a book release party. “I thought my daughter (also a colleague) was taking me out to dinner – and I was surprised!,” said Mary, adding that she felt lucky to teach with wonderful people who encourage and celebrate each other.

Many Texts, Many Voices: Teaching Literacy and Social Justice to Young Learners in the Digital Age is available for preview on the Stenhouse website.

Mary with her daughter and a very good looking cake

Mary with a copy of her book and messages from friends and family

Entry Filed under: Author News

• 1. Tina Schenk  |  August 14th, 2012 at 6:51 pm

You have always been an inspiration and role model to me. You are one-of-a-kind and so deeply loved! I’m so very proud of you.

Love you!

Tina 🙂

• 2. Eating as a Path to Yoga  |  August 14th, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Mazel Tov, Mary!

• 3. Nan Shorey  |  August 15th, 2012 at 1:36 pm

So proud of my cousin!!

• 4. Patricia Eliopoulos  |  August 15th, 2012 at 3:47 pm

So amazed at all you have accomplished and I can’t wait for your next book! We are all so proud to work with you. You have always influenced all of us to better ourselves for the children. Thanks for being such a great leader and always raising the bar!

• 5. Terri Bufe  |  August 16th, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Awesome, Mary!!!I As always, I am so honored to be working with you at Pritchett. Your book is so inspiring and filled with “best practice” for children. Simply amazing. Love you!

• 6. Kathy Janus  |  August 19th, 2012 at 10:32 pm

To my best friend, confidant and colleague: You are an inspiration to everyone….but especially to me. Congratulations! You have so much to be proud of!