November 1st, 2013
We are so excited to announce the second edition of The Daily Five! Here is everything you need to know about the new edition and we are happy to bring you a special offer until December 31: Order the book on our website now and receive a FREE 1-month subscription to the Sisters’ Daily CAFE website.
The Daily 5, Second Edition retains the core literacy components that made the first edition one of the most widely read books in education and enhances these practices based on years of further experience in classrooms and compelling new brain research. The Daily 5 provides a way for any teacher to structure literacy (and now math) time to increase student independence and allow for individualized attention in small groups and one-on-one.
Teachers and schools implementing the Daily 5 will do the following:
- Spend less time on classroom management and more time teaching
- Help students develop independence, stamina, and accountability
- Provide students with abundant time for practicing reading, writing, and math
- Increase the time teachers spend with students one-on-one and in small groups
- Improve schoolwide achievement and success in literacy and math.
The Daily 5, Second Edition gives teachers everything they need to launch and sustain the Daily 5, including materials and setup, model behaviors, detailed lesson plans, specific tips for implementing each component, and solutions to common challenges. By following this simple and proven structure, teachers can move from a harried classroom toward one that hums with productive and engaged learners.